Delivering our Promise of Reducing Import Dependence
We delivered the global-scale Phenol and Acetone plant within costs. The plant, commissioned during the year, is aligned with India’s journey to become self-reliant in chemical intermediates and reduce import dependence. With this, we not only delivered our promise of enabling India address its current demand for Phenol and Acetone, we also enabled the country earn long-term savings on imports.
We achieved a significant milestone as we kick-started commercial production at our mega Greenfield plant for Phenol and Acetone – within stipulated time and cost. Spread across an area of around 60 acres, the plant has been set up by its wholly-owned subsidiary Deepak Phenolics Limited. The plant is squarely aligned with the Government’s “Make in India” initiative. Local availability of Phenol and Acetone will boost production of derivatives and downstream intermediates, thus expanding the overall market size. The plant will also pave the way to enter various derivatives business, supported by its ability to manufacture cumene for captive consumption.
Delivering our Promises
- Making India self-reliant in production of Phenol and Acetone
- Reducing India’s import dependence on chemical intermediates
- Taking care of India’s demand-supply gap in Phenol and Acetone
- At full capacity, plant is projected to result in import savings of around USD 400 Million
- Driving our goal of being the fastest-growing Indian chemical intermediates manufacturer
Delivering our Promises to Stakeholders
- Plant commissioned within cost and time
- Plant stabilised and touched 100% capacity utilisation within a short span of time
- Reported positive EBITDA and Profit Before Tax within few months of commissioning
- Created robust supply chain infrastructure and logistics
IoT-enabled and environment-friendly plant
Harnessing the power of technology and data