Our Strategic Business Units
We are consistently sharpening each of our business verticals through determined innovation, capacity expansion, and new product launch, and achieving scale to widen the value-add in everything we do. Our journey is marked by our impactful play within each of our business segments and a continuous commitment to advance on our productivity across our product portfolio.
Despite market challenges, we pursued selective opportunities in the domestic and export markets, which enabled us to grow volumes across all our business segments. While we achieved brownfield expansions in Basic Chemicals and Fine & Specialty Chemicals, the Performance Products segment has turned around and became profitable. Today, all our established business segments continue to benefit from a positive demand environment, firm realisations and increasing market opportunities.
Brownfield expansion and improved product mix led to strong realisation
- Quick Facts: Basic Chemicals find application in dyes and pigments, agrochemicals and fuel additives.
- Performance Highlights: We attained cost leadership in these products of high volume and higher realisation. The segment reported sustained growth momentum as we enhanced capacities of key products.
- Key Focus Area: Through full integration capabilities, we developed an extensive network of global clientele, earning a significant competitive advantage.
Fine & Specialty Chemicals
Encouraging traction from key products due to a positive demand scenario helped drive growth
- Quick Facts: The segment produces specialised and niche molecules from various processes and requires technical skills and technological competencies in handling potentially hazardous reactions. These chemical intermediates find application in agrochemicals, pigments, pharmaceuticals and personal care segments.
- Performance Highlights: Our key value differentiation has been our long-term strategic relationships with customers and stringent monitoring of quality and timely supply. The segment witnessed volume growth with capacity expansion and backward integration initiatives. There was firm realisation in select products, which led to a strong growth in topline. Brownfield expansion to enhance capacities of major products will further aid growth momentum, apart from introduction of new products soon.
- Key Focus Area: We continue to emphasise on better quality, stickiness of relationships, sustainable operations and global best practices for suppliers and customers. We are also focussed on improving the product basket and leveraging domestic and international demand.
Our continued focus on margin-driven growth and customer acceptance delivered enhanced profitability
- Quick Facts:The segment finds application in textiles, paper and detergents with its key value in the characteristic of the main product. It needs globally recognised certifications and customer approvals.
- Performance Highlights:The Performance Products segment has been completely turned around due to careful planning and reorientation of focus towards customers and end-user industries that have been exhibiting steady growth and value high-quality and differentiated products.With robust demand from local customers and with benefits arising out of supply disruptions in China, we are poised to climb the next frontier of growth.
- Key Focus Area:The strategy to differentiate product, price and market is yielding positive results. In addition, favourable demand-supply trend is expected to result in improved realisations and solid performance.
Largest state-of-the-art and most efficient Indian phenol and acetone plant
- Quick Facts:Local availability of Phenol and Acetone is expected to boost the production of derivatives and downstream products, which will expand the overall market in the country.
- Performance Highlights:Within a short span of time, the plant stabilised and touched 100% capacity utilisation. Within a few months of commissioning, it reported positive EBITDA and PBT and enabled the creation of a robust supply chain infrastructure and logistics.
- Key Focus Area:We are currently fulfilling India’s growing demand for Phenol and Acetone. We are also evaluating the possibilities to develop facilities for downstream integration. Together, we can boost production of derivatives and downstream products to give an impetus to the expansion of the Indian chemical industry.